1. Process of Establishment
This organization was established to continue and further develop the “Establishment of Education and Study Management System for Proactive Learning (Education and Study Collaboration)” project (2012~2016), the University Collaboration Education Promotion Project adopted by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in 2012.
2. Establishment and Projects
(1) Establishment: Registered on May 23, 2016.
(2) Members (as of May 31, 2016) (in Japanese alphabetical order)
1 Kansai University of International Studies
2 Shukutoku University
3 Toyama College
4 Hijiyama University
5 Hokuriku Gakuin University
We will collaborate to solve problems that are difficult for medium- and small-sized private universities to solve individually in order to contribute to communities and provide quality education that meets the needs of society.
Educational Evaluation Project
We will assess educational accomplishments on a regular basis, publicize the results and use them to take measures with regard to various types of students.
- We will conduct a survey about studying for students and a survey about classes for teachers.
- We will use the rubric for teamwork and understanding of diversity, which we developed, to examine the study and education results. We will compare the results of universities to improve the rubric. Also, we will develop and share a test to measure the capacity to think logically, which is considered to be a generic competency and skill.
- We will share the IR system to analyze the relationship between the results of the above survey and academic results such as GPA from multidimensional perspectives, and we will train Irer.
Educational Program Development Project
It is difficult for medium- and small-sized private universities to develop and manage as many varied educational programs as do large-scale universities. We will, therefore, cooperate and share our resources to enhance our individual advantages.
- We will use the educational program for the first year, which is highly effective.
- We will jointly develop lectures for adults for which the enrollment certificate system will be used.
- We will obtain approval for a “Brush-up Program for professionals (BP)”, a practical, professional program that meets the needs of workers and companies.
- We will offer on-site training to students of member universities.
We will participate in “the Project for the Promotion of University Entrance Examination Reform”, which was commissioned by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, as an associate. This will involve taking the initiative to present new relationships between high schools and universities.
The high school curriculum was changed through revision of the government guidelines, and proactive, cooperative study has been emphasized to enhance the following three elements of study: (1) knowledge and skills, (2) thinking ability, judgment, and expressive ability, (3) proactive study through cooperation with various people. University entrance examinations, which interface universities and high schools, are required to evaluate quality and ability in terms of adequacy for university education from these three perspectives, taking the changes in high school education into consideration.
As associates of the ministry project, we will focus on “the element of proactive study through cooperation with various people”, and develop “evaluation methods that are based on interviews and document screening rather than on the test results of subjects”. We will conduct research on problems and promotion measures with regard to entrance examinations, as well as on new methods of evaluation.